Pages

Friday, May 6, 2011

Deep in the Heart of Texas

It's been so long since my last post...kinda, not really, but it certainly feels like a long time. Since my last post, the Royal Wedding occurred without a hitch, I got through all my finals, packed up my apartment, and made it all the way back home to Texas. But let me tell you, it was not a smooth ride by any means.

Let's start first with my thoughts on the Royal Wedding:
1. LOVED IT!!

2. Love the DRESS!!

3. Love Wills and Kate...so cute!

4. Love Harry and Pippa!

5. Loved that the fairytale all ended with both a carriage ride back to the palace and a drive in an Aston Martin, James Bond style!
Woot! In general, it was a great success and so much fun to watch at 4am! If not a little tiring...

Next, finals...never a fun time of the year, but everything got done and I'm extremely proud to say that I got straight A's this semester! Super happy and really proud of one of the papers I wrote about the TV show Miami Ink and it's effect on perceptions of tattoos.

Followed closely behind finals was packing up our little dorm apartment, which deceptively held a ton of our stuff. There was so much stuff that my roommate Liz and I ended staying up all night to pack and had a minor panic attack around 3-4am...yikes. We became terrified that the storage unit we rented wouldn't be big enough for everything, but the lesson learned from all this: it's totally surprising how much you can fit into a 5x5 storage unit.

And finally! I packed my clothes, shipped boxes home, and hauled all my luggage onto the Metro and made my way to Reagan Airport to fly home. Slept through the whole flight and finally made it home in one piece! And now that I'm actually looking back, this all happened in exactly one week. It was around this time last Friday that I was up waiting to watch the wedding and now I'm home, prepared and excited for a great summer of dance and rest and contemplation about my last year of college and the future. It's gonna be crazy, but right now I'm just content and happy to make things go my way for the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment