Pages

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Texas Living

So it's been a week being back in Texas and I've been trying to keep myself busy, which is not always easy given the serious lack of places and things to do compared to DC but I'm making it work. The first few days consisted mostly of helping my friend Jen out with baking a ridiculous amount of baked goods. I've also been lucky enough to see three of four of my closest friends. Each one is busy doing their own thing this summer and it just proves how much we're all growing up...scary. It's just so shocking to think that we'll all be graduated from undergrad by this time next year, for Julianna even earlier than that! And as people keep mentioning it to us, we actually have to start seriously thinking about what it is we're planning to do for a living...so bizarre...

But besides all this, I've also been busy watching movies (of course), reading books, and being a yogi.


I finally went and saw Something Borrowed with Jen after several failed attempts and even though it didn't get great reviews, I think it was pretty cute for a romantic comedy. I love the guys in the film, Colin Egglesfield as Dex and John Krasinski as Ethan, they're pretty hilar. So, I say go see it just for fun! Also, I'm a huge fan of trailer-watching (always have to get to the movies early) because it's how I find the movies I want to see next. For this one, some of the movies that look good that will be coming out this summer are Crazy Stupid Love, One Day, and Friends with Benefits look them up! And of course they also showed the trailer for the last Harry Potter movie, which was very exciting, can't wait!


Next, the new Sarah Dessen book What Happened to Goodbye came out on Tuesday and I read that. It was cute but, I think it's because I'm no longer a teenager, I didn't enjoy it as much as some of her past books. However, I do suggest reading some of her other books, some of my favorites are The Truth About Forever, This Lullaby, Just Listen, Keeping the Moon, and Along for the Ride. Definitely look them up if you're bored! In general I've been looking for some new reading material, so if you have any suggestions let me know. I'm already planning to finish The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo trilogy and read Octavia Butler's Fledgling, which my professor told me was gonna be read for one of my classes next semester.

Last, I've been trying to keep myself in shape for my dance activities later this summer. For those that don't know, I will be attending the American Dance Festival Six Week School for the second year in a row at Duke University. It's a dance intensive where we get to dance for six hours a day and meet tons of great teachers and get to experience all different forms of dance, specifically modern dance. Well, from my experience last year, I definitely want to be in shape for when I get there otherwise I will be sore for a good two weeks before getting acclimated to the pace at ADF. For that reason, I've been taking yoga at a local studio near me. It's not my favorite type of yoga but it gets the job done. I really want to be taking dance classes but Houston is lacking in choices and what places there are, are very far from where I live, making me drive about an hour to get to them...lame. So, yoga it is! Also, along with my love for yoga, I've also discovered another love: lululemon clothing! I love their yoga gear so much! So if you're ever wondering what to get me for a birthday...lululemon gift card?

Anyways, the summer is just beginning and I have a ton of things to get done before I head off to ADF, including doctors appointments, apartment applications for next school year, and in general, not being bored for the next three weeks, which includes a rollercoaster-filled trip to Fiesta Texas!

1 comment:

  1. My niece Katy (as in Katy, Texas!) got me into lululemon. It's all I wear evenings and weekends. They finally opened a store in Madison. It is truly fun, comfy stuff.

    ReplyDelete